The American Association of Caregiving Youth (AACY) is proud to host the Run for Caregiving Youth 5K on Saturday April 24, 2021 as a Virtual ONLY 5K. All participants will receive a complete race package, which includes a personalized race bib, finisher medal, and personalized race completion certificate.
The 5K is a chipped timed 5K and awards will be provided for top 3 overall and top 3 in each age group. The age groups are as follows: Boys/Girls 1-8; 9-14; 15-19 and Men's/Women's 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70+. The 5K will begin at 8:00am. Please see the schedule of events below for details.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday, April 24, 2021
Run 4 Caregiving Youth 5K
Virtual ONLY 5K
Run/Walk the location of your choice anytime between 6:00am and 6:00pm
Who We Are
Who are Caregiving Youth?
Run for Caregiving Youth 5K - COVID PROTOCOLS
Our goal is to host a fun, competitive, and exciting Run for Caregiving Youth 5K and put together an event that will bring joy, happiness, and memories to so many. Through all the fun and enjoyment our #1 focus is the safety of staff, volunteers, and participants. We have worked directly with several municipalities to ensure we are providing a safe environment and following all CDC COVID-19 protocols. The following is our Run for Caregiving Youth 5K COVID-19 race protocols:
- Masks must be worn at all time EXCEPT when on the race course. Once you are at the start/finish line you may remove your mask. You must carry your mask with you at all times. Once you cross the finish line and have completed the race, you must put your mask on.
- All event registration must be completed through our event website. You may register on race day but must do so through your computer, tablet, or phone. There will be no in person race day registration available on site. Participants must register 30 minutes prior to the start of their event.
- We will host pre-race packet pickups. Date and time coming soon.
- We will have packet pickup available on race day. We will have a packet pickup table, with plexiglass dividers, available. We will not allow large lines at packet pickup, to follow the social distancing guidelines, so provide yourself with plenty of time in case the line is long and there is a long wait.
- We will implement a rolling start. We will have 4-6 participants starting every 10-15 seconds. We will line everyone in position (proper spacing for social distance start) for the rolling start. Be ready to start at 8:00am, as the rolling start will move quickly.
- Please wear your mask until the start of your race. You are not required to wear your mask while on the course. You will need to carry the mask at all time, even when on the course. Once you have completed the race, and crossed the finish line, you will be required to place your mask on.
- Water stations will NOT be available on course but will be available at the completion of the race. We will have a water station available past the finish line with bottled water. Please plan accordingly if you need on course water.
- Awards ceremony area is permitted for only those who have finished in the top 3 overall or top 3 of their age group. You may watch the awards from a location outside the awards ceremony and standing 6' away from others.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ATTEND IF
- You have a fever
- You have any symptoms of illness
- You currently have COVID symptoms or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
- You have tested positive within the last 14 days
- You have been exposed within 10 days and have not had two negative test since. Exposed is defined as being within 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive person or one who becomes positive, for 15 minutes
We know these are unique and challenging times for everyone. We are all doing our part to ensure a sense of "normal" while following safety guidelines to help put an end to COVID-19. Your support and participations is greatly appreciated and we hope the event will provide you with happiness along with a sense of achievement. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming (safe) event!