70’s Disco 5K
February 20 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 am
Disco, Funk, Soul, R&B, Pop, Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Punk Rock, and Easy Listening all carved their own unique place in the music world during the 1970’s. Discotheques (or discos) appeared around the country, gaining more and more popularity, until even the radio stations had to copy the style. Discos were made for dancing, with mainly a form of soul music being played with a strong bass and drum beat. Barry White, Gloria Gaynor, and Van McCoy were popular artists within the disco circles.
The 1970’s were also a decade of some of the most popular and long lasting bands in music history. Some of the most famous 70’s bands include The Beatles, Grateful Dead, The Bee Gees, Led Zeppelin, The Jackson 5, and many more. So much of their music will live on forever and the 70’s Disco 5K is you opportunity to relive all the great music of this generation. The 70’s Disco 5K will flash you back to the music, costumes, and images of the 1970’s
We are excited to host the 70’s Disco 5K on Saturday February 20, 2021 at TY Park in Hollywood, FL. This promises to be a fun, energetic, and safe event for everyone looking to take a trip back to the 70’s. All participants will receive a custom race bib, finisher medal, dri-fit shirt, and personalized finisher certificate.
TY Park (Pavilion 12)
3300 N. Park Rd
Hollywood, FL 33021
SCHEUDLE OF EVENTS:
Saturday February 20, 2021
6:45am – Park Gates Open
7:00am – 1970’s Music
7:25am – Announcements and National Anthem
7:30am – 5K Start (rolling start – 4 runners every 10-15 seconds)
8:45am – 5K Awards Ceremony
9:15am – Costume Contest
9:45am – Costume Awards Ceremony
70’s Disco 5K – COVID PROTOCOLS
Our goal is to host a fun, competitive, and exciting 70’s Disco 5K and put together an event that will bring joy, happiness, and memories to so many. Through all the fun and enjoyment our #1 focus is the safety of staff, volunteers, and participants. We have worked directly with several municipalities to ensure we are providing a safe environment and following all CDC COVID-19 protocols. The following is our 70’s Disco 5K COVID-19 race protocols:
– Masks must be worn at all time EXCEPT when on the race course. Once you are at the start/finish line you may remove your mask. You must carry your mask with you at all times. Once you cross the finish line and have completed the race, you must put your mask on.
– All event registration must be completed through our event website. You may register on race day but must do so through your computer, tablet, or phone. There will be no in person race day registration available on site.
– We will host pre-race packet pickups (two options). Date and Time to be announced.
– We will implement a rolling start. We will have 4 participants starting every 10-15 seconds. We will line everyone in position (proper spacing for social distance start) for the rolling start. Be ready to start at 7:30am, as the rolling start will move quickly.
– Please wear your mask until the start of your race. You are not required to wear your mask while on the course. You will need to carry the mask at all time, even when on the course. Once you have completed the race, and crossed the finish line, you will be required to place your mask on.
– Water stations will NOT be available on course but will be available at the completion of the race. We will have a water station available past the finish line with bottled water. Please plan accordingly if you need on course water.
– Awards ceremony area is permitted for only those who have finished in the top 3 overall or top 3 of their age group. You may watch the awards from a location outside the awards ceremony and standing 6′ away from others.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ATTEND IF
– You have a fever
– You have any symptoms of illness
– You currently have COVID symptoms or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
– You have tested positive within the last 14 days
– You have been exposed within 10 days and have not had two negative test since. Exposed is defined as being within 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive person or one who becomes positive, for 15 minutes
We know these are unique and challenging times for everyone. We are all doing our part to ensure a sense of “normal” while following safety guidelines to help put an end to COVID-19. Your support and participations is greatly appreciated and we hope the event will provide you with happiness along with a sense of achievement. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming (safe) event!