- This event has passed.
Superhero 5K for Children’s Mental Health Awareness
February 15, 2021 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
for Children’s Mental Health Awareness
Superkids Run Club
April 18, 2021
Vista View Park – Davie
Help us change the approach to Children’s Mental Health. Approximately one out of every five children in America has a diagnosable mental health disorder. Mental Health problems in young people are associated with outcomes such as suicide, substance use, inability to live independently, justice involvement, school dropout, economic hardship and physical health problems.
Far too many children and adolescents lack access to needed mental health and substance services. Less than half of children with mental health problems get treatment, services or support. Only one in five get treatment from a mental health worker with special training to work with children.
Untreated mental health needs among children and youth affect not only the young person and their family, but also schools, communities, workplaces and the nation as a whole. These costs are too high to leave the mental health needs of so many America’s young people un addressed.
Sunday April 18, 2021
Vista View Park
4001 SW 142nd Ave
Davie, FL 33330
The Superhero 5K is a chip timed event. Awards will be provided to the top 3 overall and top 3 in each age group.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
6:30am – Vista View Park Open
– Registration and packet pickup open
7:00am – Vendors and entertainment open
7:25am – Announcements and National Anthem
7:30am – Superhero 5K start
8:30am – Superhero 5K awards ceremony
Superhero 5K for Children’s Mental Health Awareness – COVID PROTOCOLS
Our goal is to host a fun, competitive, and exciting Superhero 5K and put together an event that will bring joy, happiness, and memories to so many. Through all the fun and enjoyment our #1 focus is the safety of staff, volunteers, and participants. We have worked directly with several municipalities to ensure we are providing a safe environment and following all CDC COVID-19 protocols. The following is our Superhero 5K COVID-19 race protocols:
– Masks must be worn at all time EXCEPT when on the race course. Once you are at the start/finish line you may remove your mask. You must carry your mask with you at all times. Once you cross the finish line and have completed the race, you must put your mask on.
– All event registration must be completed through our event website. You may register on race day but must do so through your computer, tablet, or phone. There will be no in person race day registration available on site. Participants must register 30 minutes prior to the start of their event.
– We will host a pre-race packet pickup. We encourage everyone to utilize pre-race packet pickup to limit large gatherings on race day.
– We will have packet pickup available on race day. We will have a packet pickup table, with plexiglass dividers, available. We will not allow large lines at packet pickup, to follow the social distancing guidelines, so provide yourself with plenty of time in case the line is long and there is a long wait.
– We will implement a rolling start. We will have 4-6 participants starting every 10-15 seconds. We will line everyone in position (proper spacing for social distance start) for the rolling start. Be ready to start at 7:30am, as the rolling start will move quickly.
– Please wear your mask until the start of your race. You are not required to wear your mask while on the course. You will need to carry the mask at all time, even when on the course. Once you have completed the race, and crossed the finish line, you will be required to place your mask on.
– Water stations will NOT be available on course but will be available at the completion of the race. We will have a water station available past the finish line with bottled water. Please plan accordingly if you need on course water.
– Awards ceremony area is permitted for only those who have finished in the top 3 overall or top 3 of their age group. You may watch the awards from a location outside the awards ceremony and standing 6′ away from others.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ATTEND IF
– You have a fever
– You have any symptoms of illness
– You currently have COVID symptoms or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
– You have tested positive within the last 14 days
– You have been exposed within 10 days and have not had two negative test since. Exposed is defined as being within 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive person or one who becomes positive, for 15 minutes
We know these are unique and challenging times for everyone. We are all doing our part to ensure a sense of “normal” while following safety guidelines to help put an end to COVID-19. Your support and participations is greatly appreciated and we hope the event will provide you with happiness along with a sense of achievement. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming (safe) event!