3rd Annual Construction Angels Family Fun Run/Walk 5K
January 23, 2021 @ 7:00 am - 11:00 am
3rd Annual Construction Angels Family Fun Run/Walk 5K
Join us Saturday, January 23, 2021 for the 3rd Annual Construction Angels 5K starting at 8am. The event will take place at John Prince Park in Lake Worth, FL. Those in attendance at the 2nd Annual 5K will attest to the amount of fun had by all. 2021 promises to be even better and even more entertaining. Each participant will receive a custom race bib, finisher medals, dri-fit event shirt, personalized race completion certificate, and awards for the top three in each age group. John Prince Park is a beautiful location and a scenic route around lakes and trees. The day will be fun and festive and have more food that you can eat available. All proceeds benefit Construction Angels. Contact Kathy Macaluso at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
Saturday January 23, 2020
7:00am – Race day registration and packet pickup open
7:55am – Call to the Start Line & National Anthem
8:00am – Construction Angels 5K Begins
9:00am – Food and Drinks, Face Painting, and Music
9:150am – 5K Awards Presentation
5K AGE GROUPS:
Men’s & Women’s: 0-19; 20-29; 30-39; 40-49; 50-59; 60-69; 70-79; 80+
Awards presented to the top 3 in each group and top 3 overall
Our goal is to host a fun, competitive, and excited 3rd Annual Construction Angels 5K and put together an event that will bring joy, happiness, and memories to so many. Through all the fun and enjoyment our #1 focus is the safety of staff, volunteers, and participants. We have worked directly with several municipalities to ensure we are providing a safe environment and following all CDC COVID-19 protocols. The following is our 3rd Annual Construction Angels 5K COVID-19 race protocols:
– Masks must be worn at all time EXCEPT when on the race course. Once you are at the start/finish line you may remove your mask. You must carry your mask with you at all times. Once you cross the finish line and have completed the race, you must put your mask on.
– All event registration must be completed through our event website. You may register on race day but must do so through your computer, tablet, or phone. There will be no in person race day registration available on site. Participants must register 30 minutes prior to the start of their event.
– We will host pre-race packet pickups. Please click on the locations above to see the pre-race packet pickup time and dates. We encourage everyone to utilize pre-race packet pickup to limit large gatherings on race day.
– We will have packet pickup available on race day. We will have a packet pickup table, with plexiglass dividers, available. We will not allow large lines at packet pickup, to follow the social distancing guidelines, so provide yourself with plenty of time in case the line is long and there is a long wait.
– The race start will be in waves of 40 participants every 2 minutes. You wave assignment will be listed on the back of your race bib.
– Please wear your mask until the start of your race. You are not required to wear your mask while on the course. You will need to carry the mask at all time, even when on the course. Once you have completed the race, and crossed the finish line, you will be required to place your mask on.
– Water stations will NOT be available on course but will be available at the completion of the race. We will have a water station available past the finish line with bottled water. Please plan accordingly if you need on course water.
– Awards ceremony area is permitted for only those who have finished in the top 3 overall or top 3 of their age group. You may watch the awards from a location outside the awards ceremony and standing 6′ away from others.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ATTEND IF
– You have a fever
– You have any symptoms of illness
– You currently have COVID symptoms or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
– You have tested positive within the last 14 days
– You have been exposed within 10 days and have not had two negative test since. Exposed is defined as being within 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive person or one who becomes positive, for 15 minutes
We know these are unique and challenging times for everyone. We are all doing our part to ensure a sense of “normal” while following safety guidelines to help put an end to COVID-19. Your support and participations is greatly appreciated and we hope the event will provide you with happiness along with a sense of achievement. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming (safe) event!
Construction Angels is a 501(c)3 Non-Profit Corporation
that provides immediate financial assistance and grief counseling to the children and spouse left behind when a construction worker has a fatality on the job site.
is to respond to Construction families in need of assistance when the unthinkable
happens. We believe in family values and the constant support of our own industry to support “One of our Own”.
is to be there for families who have lost a loved one as a result of a work-related accident. Our goal is to be an immediate source of assistance, public awareness of job site safety and a conduit for continued support to our industry. Construction Angels wants to make an everlasting impression and impact within the industry, one family at a time while honoring those who have given the ultimate sacrifice.
Core Values: A.N.G.E.L.
Acting compassionately to help families
Caring, protecting and encouraging
Virtue of giving without obligation and hope of reward
Understands and cares for others
Leaders and educators in our industry and community