9th Annual Run 4 Life 5K
November 6 @ 7:30 am - 11:30 am
Life Alliance Organ Recovery Agency at the University of Miami is excited to return to a live in-person event for our 9th Annual Run 4 Life 5K on Saturday November 6, 2021 at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach, Florida to benefit organ, eye and tissue donation. The Run 4 Life 5K is for runners, walkers, and the entire family to honor the lives of organ, eye and tissue donors, celebrate the lives of recipients, and recognize those waiting for a lifesaving transplant. We have worked with Broward County to develop a details and effective COVID-19 event protocol, to ensure the safety of all staff, volunteers, and participants. For more information on the COVID-19 protocols for the event, scroll down.
The Run 4 Life 5K is a chip timed event on a certified 5K Course. All participants will receive a personalized race bib with timing chip, race finisher medal, event dri-fit shirt, personalized race completion certificate (with name, group, bib number, time, and finish position), and a large amount of fun. Prizes will be awarded to the Top 3 overall as well as top 3 in each age group. Age groups will be as follows: Boys/Girls 1-8; Boys/Girls 9-14; Boys/Girls 15-19; Men/Women 20-24; Men/Women 25-29; Men/Women 30-34; Men/Women 35-39; Men/Women 40-44; Men/Women 45-49; Men/Women 50-54; Men/Women 55-59; Men/Women 60-64; Men/Women 65-69; Men/Women 70-74; Men/Women 75-79; Men/Women 80+
Registration is available by clicking the blue “Click to Register” tab at the top of this page. We encourage participants to create a team (which consist of 4 or more participants) to fundraise and save. Each participant registered on a team will save 10% per entry. We will also recognize each team at the race for your support and teamwork!
Not able to attend the 9th Annual Run 4-Life 5K on November 9, 2021? You can still support the cause by clicking on the yellow “Donate” tab at the top. Anything you are able to donate will be greatly appreciated.
If you would like to help volunteer on the day of the race, please contact Melva Sanchez at email@example.com or by phone (862) 686-9712.
9th Annual Run 4 Life 5K- COVID PROTOCOLS
Our goal is to host a fun, competitive, and exciting Run 4 Life 5K and put together an event that will bring joy, happiness, and memories to so many. Through all the fun and enjoyment our #1 focus is the safety of staff, volunteers, and participants. We have worked directly with several municipalities to ensure we are providing a safe environment and following all CDC COVID-19 protocols. The following is our Run 4 Life 5K COVID-19 race protocols:
– Masks must be worn at all time EXCEPT when on the race course. Once you are at the start/finish line you may remove your mask. You must carry your mask with you at all times. Once you cross the finish line and have completed the race, you must put your mask on.
– All event registration must be completed through our event website. You may register on race day but must do so through your computer, tablet, or phone. There will be no in person race day registration available on site. Participants must register 15 minutes prior to the start of their event.
– We will host pre-race packet pickups (time and dates TBD).
– We will implement a rolling start. We will have 4-8 participants starting every 10-15 seconds. We will line everyone in position (proper spacing for social distance start) for the rolling start. Be ready to start at 7:30am, as the rolling start will move quickly.
– Please wear your mask until the start of your race. You are not required to wear your mask while on the course. You will need to carry the mask at all time, even when on the course. Once you have completed the race, and crossed the finish line, you will be required to place your mask on.
– Water stations will NOT be available on course but will be available at the completion of the race. We will have a water station available past the finish line with bottled water. Please plan accordingly if you need on course water.
– Awards ceremony area is permitted for only those who have finished in the top 3 overall or top 3 of their age group. You may watch the awards from a location outside the awards ceremony and standing 6′ away from others.
YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO ATTEND IF
– You have a fever
– You have any symptoms of illness
– You currently have COVID symptoms or have had symptoms in the last 14 days
– You have tested positive within the last 14 days
– You have been exposed within 10 days and have not had two negative test since. Exposed is defined as being within 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive person or one who becomes positive, for 15 minutes
We know these are unique and challenging times for everyone. We are all doing our part to ensure a sense of “normal” while following safety guidelines to help put an end to COVID-19. Your support and participations is greatly appreciated and we hope the event will provide you with happiness along with a sense of achievement. We look forward to seeing you at the upcoming (safe) event!